I remember sitting in church in high school listening to a missionary from Papa New
And now here I am writing you a letter to say come the end of August, I’m planning to go to
So why the change of heart? Granted, this is far from becoming a full-time missionary, but it’s still way beyond what I ever would have imagined myself doing. But the ways in which God has been growing and challenging me the past few years have led me down a path I never could have chosen myself. He has asked me: How will you trust and obey me in situations where you are uncomfortable and feel out of place? How will you trust me for your future plans and dreams? How will you love me, and love your neighbor?
Why go to
So what is the Young Adult Volunteer (YAV) program? This year the YAV program will place volunteers in five international sites and ten sites domestically. I, along with five other volunteers will be placed in different communities throughout
I know your time and resources are requested for many things. I want to ask if this is something you’d like to be a part of and support. Here are some ways you can think/pray about getting involved. (Feel free to ask me questions for more information about the program, my financial needs, or anything else!)
· Read the monthly newsletter I’ll be writing (link TBA). Pray.
· Donate a one-time or monthly gift. I am raising half my funding. I have $2500 to raise by July 15, and $10,000 total by time the program ends August 2009. Any amount is valuable and appreciated. If you’d like more information about the budget, why I’m raising funds, etc., just ask! Give a gift Online
· Keep in touch…easier said than done but I’d love to hear from you.
1 comment:
Great letter, Anna... will be keeping you in our prayers, and looking forward to hearing about your adventures!
Post a Comment